Backgrounds & Polka Dot Backgrounds
-->

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Some Easter Deliciousness

Have you ever heard of The Pioneer Woman? Her cooking is a revalation. Last night we made the crispy onion strings from her cookbook. They are beyond words. Last week we made her chicken parm and it was the best foods I've ever eaten. If you aren't familiar with P-Dub, and you love good food, then head over to her blog, where you can ALWAYS find something delicious to make for dinner. She only lives one state away from me... think she'd take me in if I pretended to be lost or something. I'd probably never leave. Please don't tell her I'm crazy :)

Anyway...

Are you ready for Easter? Do you know what you're making yet? Me neither. But I have a few ideas.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to make a Fourteen Layer Cake from Bakerella. Or cake pops. Or both.

But this Chocolate Truffle Egg Ganache Torte from Annie's Eats looks amazing too.



Or maybe Butterscotch Bird's Nests from With Sprinkles On Top.

But I also want to start experimenting with Royal Icing, so I might make sugar cookies. Oh the possibilities. What are your Easter ideas? Let me know, I'd love to hear from you!

Jamie

PS I've been experimenting with fondant, more on that later. And I'll post some pics and an update of what I decide to make this weekend. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment