Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 tbsp vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
20-24 Double Stuff Oreos, I made mine rather large so I ended up with 22 cookies
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar together, it's easier if you use a mixer. Add in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla, until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt and baking soda.
4. Add dry ingredients into wet mixture, adding about a 4th of the mix at a time.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Spoon about a tablespoon of dough into your hand and flatten it out. Place an Oreo on top of the dough and mold it around the cookie.
7. Spoon a slightly smaller amount into your hand and flatten it out. Put it on top of the Oreo like a lid.
8. Press down the dough at the seams to encase the Oreo. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.........
9. You want there to be just enough dough around the cookie to cover it. Place 12 on a cookie sheet and bake for about 13 minutes, until just golden brown.
10. Remove from cookie sheet and .... eat immediately! Or let them cool a bit.
11. And ENJOY!
These cookies are delish, but one at a time is enough for me! And since I made dessert... the husband is making dinner: Pork Chops, everything mashed potatoes (I'll share this recipe sometime soon!) and corn (the only vegetable a true Johnson eats!)
PS. Apologies for the terrible pictures, I bought my ancient camera on clearance a few years ago, hopefully I'll upgrade soon!