Backgrounds & Polka Dot Backgrounds
-->

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

After decorating all the cupcakes for the anniversary party the other day, I wanted to bake something that didn't require decorating before eating. And my sweet tooth is begging me for a sweet treat, like right now. I found the recipe for Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies on the Java Cupcake blog awhile back and it combined two of my favorite cookies. So without further adieu...

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 tbsp vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
20-24 Double Stuff Oreos, I made mine rather large so I ended up with 22 cookies

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar together, it's easier if you use a mixer. Add in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla, until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt and baking soda.
4. Add dry ingredients into wet mixture, adding about a 4th of the mix at a time.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Spoon about a tablespoon of dough into your hand and flatten it out. Place an Oreo on top of the dough and mold it around the cookie.


7. Spoon a slightly smaller amount into your hand and flatten it out. Put it on top of the Oreo like a lid.

8. Press down the dough at the seams to encase the Oreo. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.........



9. You want there to be just enough dough around the cookie to cover it. Place 12 on a cookie sheet and bake for about 13 minutes, until just golden brown.
10. Remove from cookie sheet and .... eat immediately! Or let them cool a bit.


11. And ENJOY!


These cookies are delish, but one at a time is enough for me! And since I made dessert... the husband is making dinner: Pork Chops, everything mashed potatoes (I'll share this recipe sometime soon!) and corn (the only vegetable a true Johnson eats!)

Jamie

PS. Apologies for the terrible pictures, I bought my ancient camera on clearance a few years ago, hopefully I'll upgrade soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment